Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
The most important thing
It doesn't matter if you don't have a six-pack like Brad Pitt.
It doesn't matter if you can't sing like Robbie Williams.
It doesn't matter if you don't look like Colin Farrell.
It doesn't matter if you can't drum like Ringo Starr.
It doesn't matter if you can't play guitar like John Lennon.
It doesn't matter if you can't cook like Jamie Oliver.
It doesn't matter if you don't earn as much as Donald Trump.
It doesn't matter if you can't bend it like Beckham.
It doesn't matter if you don't work 9-5.
It doesn't matter even if you're not always on time.

It matters how you treat me.
It matters Who you believe in.
It matters that you understand why I live my life this way.
It matters that you'll pray with me.
It matters that you'll pray for me.
It matters that you'l encourage me along the way.
It matters how you use your gifts.
It matters.

I've seen them fall, one by one,
my Christian sisters.
Disappointed.
Disheartened.
Disillusioned.
I've seen them, one by one,
lose their faith over a man.
I've seen them leave the narrow way,
because of a man who does not believe.
I've seen them wander off the path
and not return.

I don't want to be like them.
I've wandered,
but I've come back.
I don't want to wander again.
It matters that I share my life
with one who understands my faith.
I need the strength to walk the narrow path.
I need the faith to resist the lure away.
I need the strength to wait and hope
and pray that some day
one will come along that same path with me.
It doesn't matter who he is.
Yet it matters who he is,
and who his hope is in.
That's the most important thing.
I heard from a someone I've not seen in about a year, earlier today. She's met a guy. She'd met him when we last met. If I recall rightly, he's not a Christian. She's not going to church much nowadays - and she's fine with that.

I don't want to go there. Even if it means remaining single. That's not a place I want to go.
posted by Calia77 @ 10:06 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Holly said…

    Oh dear, I need to send this to my best friend! I really like this post Jo! Praise the Lord that you recognized your priorities, and what matters most to you in a mate. Because unfortunately like your friend, some girls risk all that to be with a guy. I don't think it is worth it myself! :)

    .:hugs:.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER