Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Monday, April 09, 2007
What was the point of Eve?
"If", as Rob Bell writes in the final chapter of his excellent book Sex God, "marriage is meant to show people what the oneness of God is like, what happens when everybody is one in the presence of God?"

It is traditionally understood that there will be no marriage in heaven. Jesus makes this clear when asked about a woman whose husband dies, and then the next, and then next... until finally she has married seven brothers. Who is her husband in heaven? None of them, because there will be no marriage (see Matthew 22:23-30, Mark 12:18-25, Luke 20:27-35).

So, I ask: what was the point of Eve? If Adam had all he needed from God, then why did he need Eve?
posted by Calia77 @ 6:54 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:02 am, Blogger Bar L. said…

    for sex?

    is this a trick question?

    what are your thoughts?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER