Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Aretha got it right
It's all about respect.

I don't know how God talks to you. He's rather sneaky with me. I'll be happily minding my own business, you know, walking down to the shops, thinking random thoughts, rather inane thoughts, and then... wham! He's slip a little thought in there which blows me completely out of the water.

So, this is how it went today. I catch a glimspse of myself in a store window. Thinking about my hat, thinking it's not as good as the one I was wearing yesterday, doesn't fit quite so well. This leads to me thinking about a certain young man who has a similar hat to yesterdays hat (army-style), and how he looks good in it. Have I told him? Oh, yes I have. Actually, I then think, he looked rather good yesterday! Should have told him. Should tell him that more often, so he'll realise I like him.

Then the two-part kicker. Perhaps you should let him know you respect him. Because you do. And do you realise you've never really respected any of the other guys you've fancied or gone out with?

Ouch!
  • My last long-term relationship I didn't really respect him. I went out for him for 2 years when I knew I didn't love him, but was too scared to be on my own. I hated the way he let his mother control him - and fought to control him in response.
  • A guy I fancied for a couple of years - and actually didn't really like him.
  • My arrogance when I feel I'm more spiritually 'there' than a guy I fancy. How can I respect him then?
But this guy... Maybe it's the benefit of knowing him for over a year, having spent time with him talking about life, the universe, God, and such like. I've seen him preach. I've seen him in a leadership role.

I've always objected to the idea of submitting to a man, to him being the head of me in a marriage, because I've never yet met a man I trust or respect enough to let him be in charge, in control. This guy? I'd trust him with my life. I'd follow him wherever. Because I've seen where he is with God. I've seen his maturity, his trust in God.

And it's all those things that can, at times, make me feel inadequate, not worthy enough for him. Which I know is complete rubbish.

It's interesting to know that I can actually respect and trust a guy, though.
posted by Calia77 @ 1:14 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER