Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Monday, June 18, 2007
Church boy... an update. And introducing... Workshop boy!
The Sunday before the Sunday just gone I went to another church in the evening. The talk was about the blind man, Bartimaeus, who Jesus asked, "What do you want me to do for you?"

So the Sunday before the Sunday just gone, I asked God to take away the pain and hurt caused by church boy. And so I emailed him (which I think I shared?) to tell him I'd been praying for him (fact!). And it felt, almost instantaneously, like a weight was lifted from me.

I've been able to look at his - and her - Facebook, without getting angry or upset. I had a little rant to myself on Friday, along the lines of how dare he treat me like crap at that club and deny it: at least have the balls to admit he'd treated me rather shabbily by ignoring me. I could see this coming.

I'm wondering now, though, if I'm free from him. I feel as though I am. And at the weekend I found myself flirting with another guy. We were at a wedding (Facebookers, you can find him in my photo album 'Vickie's Wedding') party in the evening, a friend from the christian course we help out on. We'd gone as a group of 8 from the course. We were dancing, all 8 of us, and he was quite good (that helps!). Later in the evening, one of the women who was part of the group, came up to me and told me she thought he liked me.

And I think I like him a little! Eek! He's a great guy - funny, intelligent, nice. I found myself flirting a little. But I have to be careful - I don't want to rebound from S onto this guy and hurt anyone in the process (I'm assuming that he does like me here!), including myself.

I also am not sure if I trust my judgement to know. So often I think "he's the one" about a guy. And I've obviously got that wrong many a time.

So I'm dropping subtle hints. VERY subtle. We're going away as a group this weekend, and he's hopefully driving me down. That's hopefully 2 hours in a car, just the 2 of us, and then a weekend of long walks, lots of food and lazing around. As good a place as any to see what's going on.
posted by Calia77 @ 9:30 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:21 am, Blogger Bar L. said…

    WOW! I like the sound of this! Keep us posted on WB!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER