Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Eve - is it a trick question?
Barbara asked me if my question about Eve was a trick question. Not at all. I'm genuinely confused. If Adam was perfect then all he needed was God, if there's no marriage or sex in our resurrected, perfect states. Then why did God need to make Eve? Why was Adam not satisfied with God alone. Was Adam not perfect then, even before the fall?

I don't know. It's one of those theological conundrums, that I can't quite get my head around.

Any thoughts, anyone?
posted by Calia77 @ 9:10 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:54 am, Blogger Bar L. said…

    I hope someone has a thought on this. I really want to hear some opinions.

     
  • At 2:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we get lost in these fads - [Sex God, I don't know.] and we should be able to keep clear heads and TEST EVERYTHING as Paul says somewhere or other...

    The point you made in your question was telling - 'if Adam was made with all he needed...' - but Genesis says Adam was made in God's image - not with all he needed.

    Eve is his counterpart, his comforter, no I don't think they were celibate, but I don't think having a strictly literal view of this story is healthy either...

    Jesus says there is NO Marriage, as you pointed out, in heaven and so it can't be about sex but that doesn't mean sex is bad... within a relationship - why is it that as soon as we say sex is good we have to immediately come back and say WHERE it is a good thing.

    Now there's a question.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER