Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
'Pulling a Ruth'
One day Naomi her mother-in-law said to her, "My daughter, should I not try to find a home for you, where you will be well provided for? Is not Boaz, with whose servant girls you have been, a kinsman of ours? Tonight he will be winnowing barley on the threshing floor. Wash and perfume yourself, and put on your best clothes. Then go down to the threshing floor, but don't let him know you are there until he has finished eating and drinking. When he lies down, note the place where he is lying. Then go and uncover his feet and lie down. He will tell you what to do."
"I will do whatever you say," Ruth answered. So she went down to the threshing floor and did everything her mother-in-law told her to do. When Boaz had finished eating and drinking and was in good spirits, he went over to lie down at the far end of the grain pile. Ruth approached quietly, uncovered his feet and lay down. In the middle of the night something startled the man, and he turned and discovered a woman lying at his feet. "Who are you?" he asked. "I am your servant Ruth," she said. "Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer."
Ruth 3:1-9
"Not content to just wait for Boaz to take notice of her, Ruth’s mother-in-law encouraged her to place herself in Boaz’s path. Ruth went to Boaz’s threshing floor and covered herself with his cloak: That was the Old Testament way of saying “I’m available.”
She made her intentions known — that she wanted to get married — and it worked. Not only did she get a husband, she got God’s blessing and a baby named Obed who became the grandfather of King David and a direct ancestor of Jesus."
'Pulling a Ruth Part 1 & Part 2', Candice Z. Watters, Boundless.

I've always liked the book of Ruth because Ruth went after what she wanted. She's a strong woman to be an example. And she was a strong woman of God too.

She has many number of lessons to teach.

Picture source
posted by Calia77 @ 8:59 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Bar L. said…

    I agree! Both Ruth and Naomi are pretty good examples. I remember studying Ruth once and feeling very inspired. Maybe its time to look at her again :)

     
  • At 1:22 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    sometimes us men need some blatent help :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER