Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, April 29, 2007
God showing His love through pavement junk

I was having one of those crummy days. I think I'm starting to get low-level pre-30 blues. An early mid-life crisis, maybe? An existential "what the *bleep* am I doing with my life?" moment. I'd been reading the book Captivating earlier, and was onto the chapter about God romancing us. About how He's romanced the co-author with a beach full of starfish to show her He loved her. You know those chapters. The ones where you end up thinking, rather cynically to yourself "well bully for you", all the while wishing you were about to stumble across a beach full of starfish. Middle of Holloway - most unlikely.

But I did find this red, metal, tacky heart sat in the middle of the pavement when I turned the corner into my road. I walked past it. Stopped. Went back. Picked it up.

Coincidence? Tacky? Just my imagination, or was God showing me His love? Was He cutting through my cynicism, my dislike of tat and tacky romance to get to my heart?

I don't know. But for a piece of red metal tat, it's now quite special to me.
posted by Calia77 @ 11:04 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER