Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Saturday, April 28, 2007
God help me
God Help Me
Rebecca St. James

From the deep I cry
I am needing change in my life
I have let the cold creep in and lock my ability to feel (deeply)
Just now a shaft of light shot through my soul
Opening up the windows and the doors
Reaching to the corners and my flaws
Showing my need

Chorus:
I'm running out of time to live
Running out of love to give
Running out of life within
God help me
God help me

I don't care who stares
Never want to be where I have been again
Grace has taken over and drawn me in and I am embracing it
'Cause now I see Your light drawing me close
Overwhelming love I don't deserve
But I'll take the hope You bring, You hold it out to me
Without You
Thanks to all of you who were so honest in your comments to my last post. I came across this song recently: the lyrics really spoke to me.

There's so much hope. God is changing me, softening me, drawing me nearer to Him and taking away my fear. But so slowly. Too fast and it would overwhelm me.

I praise Him for this. For in the midst of chaos (church life is very nasty at the moment), God speaks, breathes, lives and works a little peace and grace into my life. Even when I don't realise it. Even when I can't see it.
posted by Calia77 @ 10:37 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER