Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Tired
Tired.
So tired of obligation.
Duty bound to do the things
that need to be done.
The things no one else will do
because they know I'll do them.

Tired.
So tired of missing out
on things I want to do
for things I should be doing.
While others merrily
go about their way,
not a care for seeing that
the routine things get done.

Tired.
So tired of going home alone
each day
when all I want is arms to hold me tight
and not let go,
to whisper words of encouragement
and stay.
No wife to go back to,
no husband or child,
no boyfriend to keep them from me.
So tired of yet another heartbreak.
So tired of fighting on my own.

Tired.
So tired of feeling cut off from God,
not feeling as though I'm meeting Him
at church.
Too conscious of what is going on around,
checking everyone's OK,
helping keep the children busy.
So tired of not being able to let go,
to abandon myself to Him,
for fear of others' sensibilities.

Tired.
So tired of life
when hormones rage
and bring me down low,
so sometimes I understand
how some just can't go on.
How easy it could be to just let go.
It's all too much:
responsibility burdens me
to the point where I want to rebel
and walk,
run away from it all,
leave it all behind.
Run off and make another life,
start afresh somewhere else,
as someone else.
Or stop it all...

So tired.
posted by Calia77 @ 10:19 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ((((Jo))))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER