Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Weekend
I have to say that I have come away from this weekend a little disappointed. It turns out that WB is 35 going on retired and has some similarities with my Dad! (God forbid!). In fact, I'm a little convinced there's some border-line Asperger's Syndrome going on there (same with my Dad, actually).

WB doesn't like fiction: TV, movies, books. Goes to be about 10, gets up around 6! Doggedly must finish sentences, conversation: even when he's come out with the most ridiculously timed statement and everyone else is nearly crying with laughter, he continues on. And on... Just like my Dad (though my Dad does enjoy fiction). He even likes folk music. Just like my Dad!

I've always said I would never marry a man like my Dad. But I specifically refer to the 'I'm right' attitude my Dad has. But I think WB could be a lot of hard work. There's also family ties to consider - he loves to spend time with his parents (he's the youngest of 3 sons, only one not married), still refers to his parents' place as home.

And he has the sitting room of a middle aged woman!

He did, however, buy me dinner Friday night. Didn't make the curry, though - too tired! He's very kind, thoughtful (when his head's not in a cloud) and amusing.

He needs a good woman to take him in hand, I think. He's been on his own for too long. Not sure I'm up for the job. I know love is about sacrifice as well, but there's a limit. And honestly, he doesn't rock my boat enough for me to think I would be prepared to make that.

But of course, you never quite know what the Lord sees and knows who would be right together, so watch this space... I've learnt never to say never!
posted by Calia77 @ 11:06 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:54 am, Blogger Bar L. said…

    Well at least you got to learn all this NOW rather than later. He sounds like a nice guy but with many interesting "quirks". Hold out for the guy that makes your toes curl :)

     
  • At 2:31 pm, Blogger Aphra said…

    maybe he should get together with your dad? lol.

    i don't think I married my husband because he 'rocked my boat' but because he was nice and sweet and sincere. And it is a lot of work!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER