Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Thursday, March 01, 2007
An answer to Barbara
Yes. I like him. Well, what I've seen of him so far.

Yes. I'm wondering if he likes me. If he'll call again.

I'm cautious. Of course. I don't want yet another broken heart. I'm sure after too many there's not enough heart to give out again.

Do I want him to call. YES!

How do I feel about S? Back at New Year I prayed to take the focus of hunting for a husband, to stop chasing S. And now I'm in a strange situation where I find myself thinking more about another guy than S. How much of my life have I wasted in wanting him? I'm not entirely sure how this sits with me. Am I about to start wasting more of my life thinking, praying, talking, blogging about a guy who might not call again?

The problem is - I want to know how it all works out. I want to know if it ends happily ever after. But this is no book. I won't know until it's over.

And I'm not calling! It's the only way for me to know if he is interested is if initially he makes the running. And that's the deal I have with God now. No more chasing.

Right... off to sleep on this. Just hope I have no more married and pregnant dreams (and the husband wasn't S!!!)
posted by Calia77 @ 11:21 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its not easy, but you are doing the right thing in waiting.

    You have a lot going for you - I have not doubt the right guy, the guy YOU want and that WANTS you equally - will come around.

    I've wasted years chasing the wrong guys or trying to accept the ones who wanted me thinking "this is as good as it gets"

    Finally...I think I've learned that the only way to do this dating thing is to be pro-active yet TRUST GOD. That sounds obvious, but for me, in my heart I was not trusting God (kind of like Abraham and Sarah) I was planning how to help God find me the right guy!

    Praying for ya!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER