Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

Recently my MP3 broke - actually, not that recently. Before I went to India, so back mid-November. I sent it back. But forgot to send the software - I'd unpacked it and mislaid it. I finally found it and sent it on. It never arrived.

In the UK we have different ways of sending things by post. We have Special Delivery - it requires a signature, it is guaranteed the next day and you can insure things over £32. I send the player that way. The software, however, I didn't want to spend another almost £5 to send, so I sent it Recorded Delivery - this requires a signature, is not guaranteed to be delivered any faster than normal first or second class post, and you can only claim up to £32.

The software never arrived. I was looking at being almost £80 out of pocket. I was mad! Mad at myself for the hassle. The mad at Royal Mail for losing it.

So I claimed - the full value of the player, almost £82. And I waited. A few weeks after sending in my claim - about 3 weeks ago - I received a letter from them to say they were looking into it. 2 days after that I had a call from the supplier of the player to ask for my card details to give me my refund (this was not a scam - I've had the money returned to my bank).

Part of the deal of claiming through Royal Mail is that if your goods turn up or you get compensation from another source, you should tell them so that they do not compensate you. I forgot to tell them. Absent minded, I just never got around to doing it. I was so convinced they'd never cough up the dosh, I forgot all about it. Because if they didn't, it didn't matter - I was refunded for my player.

Got home today and there was a letter from Royal Mail waiting for me. With a cheque for £32!

Now here's a test. They messed me around, I spent more money on postage than I should have to make sure they received my claim, they'd never know I'd had the money, as they have no proof that the delivery was ever made, and to be honest... I've not checked.

So... who'd know if I kept it?

Well me. You guys. And God.

So, as much as the extra £32 would be helpful - it would update my virus software - I can't keep it. I need to send it back (yet another darned stamp!) and say thanks, but I can't keep it.

Labels:

posted by Calia77 @ 9:23 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:32 pm, Blogger Sarah Brush said…

    that reminds me of that episode of Friends when Phoebe's bank credits her with $1000 that's not hers... she complains so they apologise and correct it ... by giving her another $1000 and then she can't get them to take it back.

    Hope you have more luck!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER