Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, February 11, 2007
So...
So, last night I went to this singles night. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. There were a reasonable number of guys there, though only about 40% of the total number of people there, and of them about half were within my age range. Went with my housemate, so that meant guys talked to us as a pair. The last guy who spoke to us was cute! Also lives in North London near us, which is a bonus. He took my number. And my housemate's user name for the dating website they've both signed up to recently. She thinks he likes me. I thought he liked her. We'll see.

Now I have to make a confession. Was looking for this guy today on that dating site. And the only way I could do that was to sign up myself! I know I said I'd never do that again. But you know what... it's funny who you find on there. A certain young man I have a wee thing for appears to be on the site. As recently as checking it today! Hmm.

So, the new me has a new resolution. The guy does the running, the chasing. My crush thinks that's the case... and he can't be wrong, can he? Last night I was prepared to refuse to take a guy's number - if he wants to see me, HE calls me! And on this website - I've been me on it. And they're coming for me. If they want. Thankfully it's free. Will be interesting to see if a certain young man finds me and acknowledges it. As for me... I'm keeping that quiet that I know about him being on there. For now, anyway!

UPDATE

I've been pondering on this one. Because I like to do that... the whole 'do not worry' thing seems to have bypassed me!

Anyhoo... so this is how it went. I signed onto the site. Started searching for the guy I met last night, whose username I knew. I thought he was 31, so searched the 31-35 men, using the find function in Mozilla - so wasn't even looking at the names. Just Ctrl+F. By the time I got to the end of the pages I realised I probably wasn't doing this right. So I looked at a few of the end pages. Then hit page 10. And lo and behold I see this name that could only be one person. But that I so would not have expected to see on the site. One click later, sat there in a state of minor shock - who'd've thought it?

Anyway, I found Mr Last Night in the 26-30 age group! He wasn't 31 after all!

Note to self: don't read too much into this!
posted by Calia77 @ 5:48 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are soooo cute! I am glad you are being you on the site. And just be thankful you are YOUNG. The only men interested in me when I go on those sites is all the old farts - and I mean OLD, like late 50's or 60's! I don't think so.

    Maybe someday I'll try a site again...when I am ready.

    Good luck, keep us posted.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER