Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Monday, January 22, 2007
A farmer in a flood
A farmer is caught in a flood. The river is overflowing, with water surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up, The man in the boat says "Jump in, I'll take you to safety."

The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. The water rises to the second floor. Another boat comes up, the man says to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you."

The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. Now the water is up to the roof. As The farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder."

The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The helicopter goes away. The water continues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof. He drowns.

The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says, "What are you doing here?"

The farmer says, "I put my trust in you and you let me down."

God says, "What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!!"

I wonder sometimes if maybe I need to be doing more about meeting guys - I mean, it's not like God's going to suddenly drop a guy in my lap, gift-wrapped. Do I need to do more - or keep my hope in Him and wait. Or do I need to do something about it.

I have a confession to make (and I know I'll get shouted at by Barbara on this one), but I'm also considering the internet thing again.

But also part of me is too lazy. Dating and relationships seem just too hard, too much risk, too much potential pain. There's always the possibility that, actually, I'm just not that interested.

Now that's the most scary thing.
posted by Calia77 @ 8:45 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger Aphra said…

    Your site hates me. Yesterday it said I was blocked on the server. Today I could get to the site, but it wouldn't give me the pop up window to comment. But now it has. It seems too good to be true.

    Wonder what I did to make your site so angry at me?

     
  • At 2:10 am, Blogger Aphra said…

    Well, now all of blogger hates me, it's not just you :)
    It wouldn't let me update MY site today!
    Technology, indeed. Progress.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER