Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
God's plans
For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the LORD,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11
So how did the meeting go? I was dreading it. Thinking up all the possible things it could be. Almost hoping that they would make me redundant - not that they good. Last night I frantically searched job websites. I even came across one that on the surface looked possible. An administrative position within a policy research unit - not that dissimilar to what I'm doing now. However, a large proportion of the role involved organising and administering international and UK conferences. I've organised large meetings before, but they were internal training meetings - this, I felt, along with other things I couldn't do, would be too much for me to blag. And keep my sanity.

So it was with great surprise this morning to hear my manager announce to me that she wanted me to help another team in our division with the administrative bits and pieces for a large conference to be held end of June!

I guess that means that I'll be sticking around for at least another 6 months. God, if this is Your doing (which I know must be, and there must be a reason for this), then I'm going to need all You can give me in terms of patience, calmness, peace, tact, skill and sanity!

Thank goodness He's a Great Big God!
posted by Calia77 @ 8:59 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:18 pm, Blogger Susan said…

    My husband has a job that needs tons of the last list too.
    Over the years it's taught him patience and a calmness that I just can't comprehend, I'm the headless chicken type.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER