Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Friday, January 05, 2007
Needy
I've realised that I get to know people, then pull away from them again. Many times I become really close with someone, then find myself pulling back, putting distance between us. And I've wondered why it is that I do this.

It came to me last night, as I was wondering why I was pulling back from someone again. And I realise it's other's neediness. I can't seem to deal with it. I don't feel equipped to handle their unconscious demands, and pull back so that I don't have to be in the position where I am unable to respond to their requests for help, emotionally or spiritually.

Which is ironic considering the amount of need I have and place on others. Have you noticed that it's often the same failing or weakness that we have that we can't deal with in others?

I guess this is why I have such a problem with one of my housemates at the moment - he's in the process of splitting up with his wife and is very lonely, very needy. And his neediness really puts me off to the extent that I actually skulk around the house trying to avoid him! And that's not healthy and is causing me great stress. That and the fact that his kids are around 2 or 3 times a week and they are SO noisy. I didn't realised 9-year-olds still screeched and stamped around the house. I thought they grew out of that.

But if I can't deal with others when they project their needs onto me, God can. And I need to turn to God to help me deal with my reaction. And pray to God to meet their needs.
posted by Calia77 @ 8:05 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:12 pm, Blogger Aphra said…

    With regards to the kids- they may be more screechy and stampy because of the stress they are under of mum and dad splitting up. I'm not great with neediness either.

    I see you got your ticker working!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER