Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
It's (still) raining men

Nothing major to report, I just liked the pictures and love this song!

Went to cinema with blind date guy last week. Still not overly sure, but as long as I don't promise anything I can't see why going out as friends is a bad thing. He did send a text at the weekend suggesting we go to the British Museum. But I told him I had no weekends until January - which I thought was true! But I may be wrong. My diary is all over the place at the moment. We start Christmas carol service practices this weekend. Then I give my first preach. Then it's the Christmas season. Anyway, digression. He sent me a picture today - he dressed up as The Hulk for a Halloween party. Only he'd cut his fact out of the picture - nice green six pack! :-)

As for the others. Haven't heard from the 19-year-old. Pretty Turkish barman wanted to know why I hadn't called. I told him I wasn't saying no - just we'll see. Friends think I shouldn't. I think he's pretty. But pretty gets me into trouble. Maybe I need to learn to leave the pretty alone! But again, who knows?

Good Chef and I aren't talking as much. Mainly 'cos he's been on his own as Bad Chef's been on his hols for 2 weeks. But that's not such a bad thing. I still get the pangs every so often - 'cos he is pretty (I know, walk away from the pretty!) - but they're lessening. I did find myself flirting badly - or very well, depending on how you're looking at it! - on Friday. And he was equally bad/good. But nothing these last 2 days.

None of them are Christians though. I started to get disheartened over the weekend. Maybe I'm looking for something I'm never going to find?

I was at my theology course this weekend. The guy I'm going to be teaching with - who was my tutor when I was on the course - I suddenly realised he's the kind of guy I'm looking for. He's married. NO, this isn't another one of those. I'm not pining for him. But his qualities. He's a strong Christian, strong in his faith. He's intelligent - I'm not looking for Einstein, but someone I can have a conversation with. He's charismatic - warm, friendly, easy to talk to. If I could find one like him... Perhaps.

But ultimately, I have to trust that God has His hand over me. Whatever is His will. Whoever - if anyone - is His will. And even if it is His will it won't be easy.
posted by Calia77 @ 11:21 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER