Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, August 12, 2007
I'm thinking about going for counselling
I've found details of a Christian counselor near me. My vicar's also talked about finding me a spiritual director.

I feel stuck. I know I need to re-connect with God, but I don't know how to do it. And I don't feel safe enough anywhere to be vulnerable and be prayed for a new anointing of the Holy Spirit. Because I know it could get messy.

So I'm living this life that seems to be going nowhere, plodding along. I put all my energies into being happy and upbeat at work - and get home wanting to relax, unwind, not have to 'pretend', and am either assaulted by housemates' wanting to talk: or there's no one in at all. There's no balance. I've been lonely in this house for over

And as for the fact that I'm fighting with myself inside about this guy at work. The temptation to say 'yes' is great - particularly when I'm lonely.

I know the answer is to connect with God. I know that. But I can't seem to get there. I need some help.
posted by Calia77 @ 9:38 am  
5 Comments:
  • At 12:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I would recommend going for counseling - I know some folk who have gone off and done it because, in this day and age there are just not the same strong social/kin networks which would provide us with a 'wise elder' figure (even if sometimes it might have turned out to be younger)...

    It is hard going through the whole process but if you take it on sincerely it will probably help [nope - no guarantees here] - of course the 'spiritual director' thing may help just as much. The question I'd ask is whether or not you'd feel able talking to one as easily about everything as with the other because I would also recommend that you choose one or the other for now as one will be hard enough...

    Being lonely because you have no work/social balance is tragic but not wrong, and neither is being wise about who to talk to - after all Jesus said we should be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves... Forgiveness doesn't come with permission to kick again.... at least, not always...

    Actually getting help is the first step down the path of getting better and sometimes the sheer weight of hopeless inertia makes it a very real and difficult step to make - seeing that you need to do this shows strength in itself.

     
  • At 1:06 pm, Blogger Aphra said…

    I'm praying for you.

    I always found living with friends a pain.

     
  • At 4:03 am, Blogger Bar L. said…

    Counseling is never a bad idea, I will pray that you find just the right one to talk to, that seems to make the difference. In the meantime try not to be hard on yourself. God loves you right now as much as he ever will - he won't love you more for anything "good" you do, he won't love you less for anything "bad", he just plain loves you completely. I'm speaking to myself too because for some reason I want more than God's love. But, even knowing that, He still loves me.

    Praying for you.

     
  • At 4:10 pm, Blogger Susannah said…

    Christian counseling would be a very good idea... and Scripture study too. God's Word speaks to us like nothing else--it's encouraging, uplifting, convicting and above all filled with Spirit. Find a wise earthly counselor, but also, let our heavenly Counselor share your burdens. {{{Hugs}}} e-Mom

     
  • At 3:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I may make a comment - looking for the 'right counselor' is slightly disingenuous - it as a thought could make you doubt which one you should see and in the end the answer is you should try to find a 'professional' one and if you can't work with the one you go to then ask for a referral - they should be sensitive and professional enough to understand that the relationship between counselor and counselee is a working relationship (sorry - no free rides) and you have to be able to 'work' together.

    Apart from that, how are you faring at the moment?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER