Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, March 04, 2007
A deadline
I'm back from retreat. An interesting weekend. Found myself focusing a lot on the lack of husband situation. Found myself echoing Hannah's prayer in 1 Samuel 1:11:
"O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant"
OK, so she was asking for a son, but what's to stop me asking for what I desire - a husband?

Anyway, A called whilst I was away. He'd been thinking this week about me, and realised that there wasn't the spark he hoped for. That is, in its way, a relief, as I'd been struggling with how to deal with my feelings for S in the light of A. Especially after having a fantastic afternoon at the Tate with S!

I did a lot of reading over the weekend, and ended up picking up a book called A Little Kosher Seasoning, by Michele Guinness. I love her stuff and highly recommend getting hold of some of it. This morning I skived off prayers and the talk to have a rest, as I didn't get a lot of good sleep over the weekend due to a hard single bed and noisy neighbours - snoring, tossing and turning when there are thin walls is not so fun! And I ended up reading something I would never have got around to reading, wouldn't have had the time.
"I had loved Peter almost from the moment I met him. But he was a very earnest, intense young man, and not ready to commit himself to a relationship. So I waited. And I waited. There were other men, gentle, considerate, attractive men, romantic walks, hand-in-hand in the moonlight, proposals. I turned them all down. Was I mad? But none compared with my 'Mr Right'. I was in great danger of wasting away my life, mooning after the impossible like a lovesick toad. The minister of the church I attended decided that matters should be brought to a head. He suggested that we gave the Almighty a deadline: four months, until Christmas. If, by then, there was still no spark of life from the object of my desires, I was to leave the town and go find a job elsewhere."
So I'm setting a deadline. I don't think the leaving town bit will happen. But a deadline. A review in 6 months, and a final deadline of 1 year from today. If nothing is happening I must give him up. And that was a hard prayer to pray.

But I'm not going to pin all my hopes on this, close off where God may be pushing me in other directions. I will test and discern all situations.

But now I will take myself off the dating website.
posted by Calia77 @ 4:48 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER