Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Does this mean I have a long wait?
While you're waiting
'"...MULTIPLY THERE AND DO NOT DECREASE."' JEREMIAH 29:6

God tells His people '"I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you...plans to give you hope and a future"' (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV). But hope needs a nurturing environment. God didn't give them permission to take that hope, then just sit back and do nothing. No, He told them exactly what He wanted them to do while He was working out some of the details for their future: '"Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce...Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you...Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper"' (Jeremiah 29:5-7 NIV). In other words, while you're waiting for God to turn things around, seize the moment. Become as productive as you possibly can. Maximise your potential. A lot of us, while we wait for God to work, think we can do nothing when there's plenty around to do. God said, 'Pray for the prosperity of those around you, because when they prosper you will too' (Paraphrase). A lot of us don't understand this. We've become concerned about one person only - ourselves. When we mess up, the only person we tend to see is ourselves. But God says 'While you're waiting on me to do something good for you, begin doing something good for others' (Paraphrase).That's what Paul meant, '"It is more blessed to give than to receive"' (Acts 20:35 NAS). Then he added: '...the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does...' (Ephesians 6:8 NIV). You see, by blessing others you literally open up a channel for God to come through when He blesses you.


The Word for Today
posted by Calia77 @ 11:45 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER