Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Monday, March 05, 2007
Incoming!
You can tell when you've been on a retreat or spent time away from the 'real world' in God's presence. The enemy sets up a bigger defence - or I've just forgotten what it's like. Missile-like attacks fly in almost by the second, leaving me emotionally and spiritually exhausted. And ready to cry at the slightest thing. Somehow the enemy seems to get inside my head - I become a brainless incompetent who doesn't think before she speaks. I become self-loathing and self-doubting. I try to cling on to things I know I shouldn't, all the while trying hard not to cry. Or fall asleep. I become hyper, as though I've had too much caffeine!

That was the day that was. That was today. I know everything that happened over the weekend, closed doors and all that, is right, a good thing, a God thing. But there were times today when it became all so overwhelming and I just wanted to curl up in a heap wherever I was at that time and sob or sleep. And wake up when it's all over.
posted by Calia77 @ 7:09 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:35 am, Blogger Aphra said…

    Hope you are doing ok :)

     
  • At 9:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, I wish we could hang out together since we are so often in the same emotional place at the same time.

    I know that feeling - I honestly do. I was just going to write a post on spiritual warfare, something I don't usually think much about.

    Consider yourself hugged and prayed for.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER