Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Idol
God's been talking to me recently about idolatry. My desire, yearning, longing for a husband has become an idol, a god that replaces Him in my life. And so, to some extent, mixed up in that, has S become an idol for me.
You shall have no other gods before.
Not money,
not sex,
not fantasy,
not drink,
not drugs,
not career,
not fame,
not the right clothes,
not the 'right' image,
not family,
not children,
not marriage.
If you follow Me,
nothing shall take My place,
for I am a jealous God
and will consume your idols.
They cannot survive.
They cannot replace me.
They cannot fulfill.
Your idols are empty shadows of Me,
poor replacements,
counterfeit gods
with empty promises.
The hole inside you want to fill
is My shape.
Only I will fit.
And when I fill your emptiness
all other things will take
their rightful place.
posted by Calia77 @ 10:23 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful....and true

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER