Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Thursday, June 28, 2007
No man's land

An interesting article from Christianity magazine by Diane Louise Jordan and Liz Speed, about the shortage of men in church. You can find part of the article here.

However, reading the full article in the magazine, what struck me was this section.
Some would say that men have got a great deal. They've got loads of choice and if their girlfriend wants them to propose, they can refuse to commit and just move onto the next girlfriend.

Liz Speed: What they are doing is not using their masculine muscle. They don't have to compete for a woman. If I don't use my muscle it won't develop, this state can erode their true masculinity. They're not using what God's given them in terms of their masculine drive - to go out and win a women for themselves, to push through the fear and pain of what it means to be in a relationship. They are missing out on the depths a committed relationship offers. I'm not angry with the men whom you are describing, instead I feel compassion.
posted by Calia77 @ 11:18 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know I think sometimes christian females are more picky - before I was married I went to a church for many seasons only to feel that the trendy female crowd just did not want to know - I'll admit I'm not your normal 'catch' and it could be tricky having someone with VIEWS by your elbow...

    But in the end I think some of it boils down to 'they have to be the one God has sent me' and instead of saying they have responsibility to find out what someone's like they just think 'it can't be him or him...'and so what happens - I ended up dating non-christians for awhile until I found my wife (who is a christian and it is better to be with a fellow christian but its not the only criteria...)

    I'll shut up now, or maybe post a comment somewhere else...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER