Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Saturday, June 02, 2007
What's my part in all this?
Find your place
'...OUR GOAL IS TO MEASURE UP TO GOD'S PLAN FOR US...' 2 CORINTHIANS 10:13
Da Vinci only painted one Mona Lisa. Beethoven only composed one Fifth Symphony. And God only made one version of you. He custom-designed you for a one-of-a-kind assignment. 'How can I discover mine?' you ask. Your ability reveals your destiny! '...If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies...' (1 Peter 4:11 NKJ). When God gives you an assignment, He also gives you the skill-set. To discover your assignment - study your skill-set! Your ease with numbers. Your love of computers. Your gift for interior design. Others stare at blueprints and yawn; you read them and say 'I was made for this.' Heed the music within, then dance to it! No one else hears it the way you do. Look back. What have you consistently done well? What have you loved to do? Stand at the intersection of your desires and your successes, and you'll find your uniqueness. 'The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others' (1 Corinthians 12:7 CEV). Away with this depreciating 'I can't do anything', and its arrogant opposite, 'I have to do everything'. No, you don't! Paul said, '...Our goal is to measure up to God's plan for us...' Don't worry about skills you don't have and don't covet strengths others do have. Just maximize your God-given gifts! '...kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you...' (2 Timothy 1:6 NAS). If you're not sure what God has called you to do, get down on your knees and ask Him to reveal it to you. And when He does, pour yourself into it!
UCB Word for the Day 23 March 2007
The thing is, what's my place? What's my special thing? What am I supposed to be doing with my life - because in this life I don't seem to be doing very much of any consequence. Not really. I feel a bit as though I have RSL - Repetitive Life Syndrome.

Wish I knew. Funny thing is... I'm giving an Alpha talk on Wednesday (first time, rather nervous, not read it yet! Eek!) on guidance! If ever there was a talk I needed to hear myself... But often that's the way it goes.
posted by Calia77 @ 5:18 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER