Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Sunday, November 11, 2007
The Facebook status I can never have
"Jo is happy because she had a man in her bed last night and is pleased her virtue is still intact and pleasantly surprised that not all men seem to want to get into her knickers straightaway and thinks maybe there are some nice guys who like her out there after all"
Probably not the status to share when friends and family are your Facebook friends.

So I saw the guy again Friday night. Brought him home. We had another of those "this is not about a quick shag" talks on the way back to mine, which upset him. He thinks I ask too many questions and that even if he was just after that he'd tell me he wasn't to shut me up.

But it appears he's not just after that. I didn't sleep with him. In either sense of the word. How do you married people do it, night after night? What I mean is, how do you actually get any sleep? I can't, and I have a king size bed, so it's not as if there isn't enough room for 2. At a push you could probably get 4 in! Not that I ever intend to do that! ;-)

I know I took a risk. I could be sat her bemoaning the fact that I'd done something I really wanted to do but knew I shouldn't. But I haven't. He was right - he was not just after a quick shag and then goodbye. It was nice to not have to fight off hands. And actually, it wasn't just about that for me either. I wasn't having to fight my own desire all night because actually it wasn't forefront of my mind. Sure, there were a couple of moments, it's not as if I find him repulsive! But - and this is a rarity for me - it was not just about the sex for me.

So maybe the Facebook status I can never have should be:
"Jo is learning that sometimes she can fancy a man and not just want to have sex with him!"
posted by Calia77 @ 10:00 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, it seems you are able to be more than your were... and I hope you feel better for it as well...

    Is your bible reading/spiritual direction going ok? Do you find it helps you at the moment with how you live your life?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER