Shatter Proof
Shatterproof is my new blog for 2007. 2006 was the year of the Jo. 2007 is about that solid core inside me that keeps me from shattering completely. 2007 is about God, and the transformation of me and my life I hope for in Him. Welcome readers, old and new, to Shatterproof
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Ask God for what you want!
'THE REASON YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT YOU WANT IS...YOU DON'T ASK GOD.' JAMES 4:2
Imagine walking into a restaurant on a whim and asking if your order is ready. 'When did you call it in?' the waiter asks. 'Oh I didn't,' you reply, 'I just thought perhaps you'd have something with my name on it.' Sound ridiculous? No more so than expecting God to answer requests you haven't made; in faith, believing. James says, 'The reason you don't have what you want is...you don't ask God.' Does that mean He'll automatically give you everything you ask for? No. James adds, 'Even when you do ask you don't get it because...you want only what will give you pleasure' (James 4:3 TLB). Your motives need to be in tune with what God knows is best for you. John says, 'This is the confidence...we have in Him...if we ask anything...according to His will...He...hears' (1John 5:14 AMP). Lamentations 3:25 says, 'The Lord is good to those who wait...expectantly for Him' (AMP). Expectant prayer demonstrates confidence in God's goodness. Instead of fretting and taking matters into your own hands, when you say, 'Lord, I'm going to trust you with this, regardless of the outcome,' He'll honour your faith. Paul says, 'in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God' (Philippians 4:6 NKJ). Do you need a job? Help overcoming a problem? Salvation for your loved ones? A deeper walk with God? Physical or emotional healing? Jesus said, '...your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom' (Luke 12:32 NIV). God wants to be good to you, so tell Him the 'desires of your heart' (Psalm 37:4 NKJ). And thank Him that the answer will come; in His time!

OK, so here goes.
"God, I want to meet someone. But more than that, I want to be right. I don't think I'm capable of meeting anyone now. I'm too needy. Take that need from me: fill it. Help me to feel fulfilled in you. Then I can meet someone. If it is Your will, of course. But if I get a choice: I'd rather like to meet someone."
posted by Calia77 @ 9:34 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, in reference to your 'older' posts - it's good to see that you've learnt more over this year, but then again with a name like 'Shatterproof' what did you expect?

    The problem with guilt is that although God may be big enough to forgive us sometimes we aren't that big towards ourselves...

    I hope you find happiness AND a man... but in a prayer asking to be right more than anything else you kinda repeat your plea for a partner. Now that's not a bad thing - I'd just like to say that one of the reasons Jesus said we should go into a room and shut the door before we prayer is for our ability to be cringingly honest and show our Father our needs without having to worry about how others respond to our prayers. And why is it that he wants us to be able to do this - because he loves us.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Recommended blogs or websites
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER